Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A bitter experience in secretate office!

26th August, I was asked by my company to get attested in my Provisional certificate by state government, as they have to send it to saudi Embassy!! So, i went to secretate office, chennai. Along with my brother. It was 11am, i reached the secretate office. I thought like, there'll be very few like me who are going abroad for job. But wen i was about to enter the office, i guess some 500 people were standing there in que outside. I got pissed off, joined the que.

It was pretty hot, and it took an hour for me to go inside. Am new to that office, checked with some persons like, where the public(foreigners) dept is located. After some 15 mins, i found out! Wen i reach there, Gosh!! another long que:( I can do nothing other than joining the que n i did the same. There were lots of peons roaming here n there, n they treated us like as if we are working under them. No Respect at all. We cant do anything, if we argue with them, then there's no chance of getting attested in the certificate. so yea, we all kept quiet.

we all were asked to submit the photocopy of the Offer letter, provisional certificate n the photocopy of same. I took all those out from my file n kept it ready. Suddenly a person came, he grabbed the documents from us. He asked me to staple the documents together. I told him tat, i've got my original certificate in it, n if i staple it, it'll get damaged. so I took a jump clip from ma purse, but before that he stapled my documents. I felt like slapping him!! He collected the documents randomly from some 20 members. He asked all others to come on the next day! Many argued with him, but no use. Poor people, many came a way long from madurai, even from kerela too!

He took all the documents inside a room, n asked us to come on by one. I was the first in the que n so i went inside. In front of me, a person teared the staple pin.
"Sir please be careful, my original certificate is there", i told him.
He looked at me, kinda angrily. Thats it, i've no other go other than keeping my mouths shut! After verifying my certificates, he threw it to the corner. It got teared at the edge, almost in to a piece. "Come after two weeks", he told me n wrote a number in a bit paper n gave it to me. Thats my reference number. Its a piece of newspaper actually. Not even a proper acknowledgment slip.

Four years of hard work, to complete my degree. How much money my parents would've spent, how much stress, how many sleepless nights, my dream....felt like everything went invain wen i saw my provisional certificate in the corner. Felt like crying. Not only for me, almost for everyone who came there to get attestation, the same happened.

Well, this is wat happening in almost all the government offices in our country!!

0 comments: